Care and Cleaning Tips for Wood Cabinetry
Follow these cleaning tips and words of caution to ensure that your cabinetry will bring you years of pleasure!
Basic Cleaning Tips:
- Wipe up spills as soon as possible.
- Dust cabinetry frequently with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Wipe cabinetry with a clean, damp cloth and a solution of mild, non-alkaline soap (like dish washing liquid) and warm water. Dry thoroughly with a soft cloth, rubbing gently, following the direction of the grain.
- To clean interiors, a damp cloth with mild soap is all that is needed, wipe dry.
- When cleaning glass in door and mullion, do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass. Ammonia may harm the finish on the cabinetry and hardware over the years. The best method is to spray cleaner on a towel, clean the glass and be sure to dry any wood areas.
- Repair any scratches or nicks with the touch up kit that is provided with every cabinet order.
But Use Caution:
- Harsh cleaners on finishes and hardware can break down protective coatings.
- Avoid hard rubbing or scrubbing as well as the use of abrasive pads and cleaners.
- Avoid leaving wet or damp items, such as towels or flowerpots, in contact with any wood surfaces.
- Avoid cleaners and polishes containing silicone, as they are not recommended for our finishes.
- Avoid excess heat, which may break down or discolor your finish.
With proper care your cabinetry will bring you years of pleasure!